Thursday, March 25, 2010

gee these gifs are terrific





Sometimes gifs are a bit gimmicky or seemingly made for "gifness sake", as if to say "see what I can do" while not really doing much worth showing. I have been guilty of that at some point or another. But I Am Not An Artist, "an animated gif paranoia about nonstop design workers", boasts an endless array of examples that are the contrary; they aren't just moving pictures, rather a fusion of minimal compositions, pleasant color palettes and clever ideas.

The project was created by Johnny Cooper and Matthew Cooper with the intention that other designers contribute as well. P.S. You can get news and updates on their Twitter.

1 comment:

Bonjour Juliette said...

Thank you very very much for those magnificent gifs! I usually hate those terrible gif, and i can't even pretend i like them for the sake of kitsch-is-cool, but today my life changed: i like those gifs. A lot.