Tuesday, December 7, 2010

non-stop cravings and the work of Alyson Thomas

11.11.10
I often get cravings, and I give in to them 100% of the time because my crazy inner voice won't stop yelling at my mouth until I succumb. For some reason I really have my heart set on a heaping helping of eggnog. Does that work by the way... can I have a heaping? Well, I'll try. This also provides a handy segue that is months overdue. During one of my many recent stretches of not posting I intended to showcase some of one of my new favorite artists, Alyson Thomas.

She is responsible for the above work as well as a slew of other drawings, most of which are food related. Alyson serves up her point of view fantastically with a methodical approach in displaying information mixed with artistic skill and creative wit. Looking at her work I find myself wishing that I would someday pick up the pen and pencil I traded in for a computer and give drawing another shot. I also want to eat some bacon.

07.22.10

02.10.10

You can view an ongoing chronicle on her blogs Meat Sections and I Love Drywell. Make sure to check out more links to her work, as well as her Etsy shop, below. Buy something!!


NOW HERE'S SOME YUMMY LINKS:
Shop
Blog
2010 daily art.
Twitter
Flickr

No comments: