Friday, January 27, 2012

mold-a-mania



  






When I was a kid I desperately wanted one of those animals you could get out of a machine for $.50 at the zoo. I never got one, and clearly never got over it, even after ordering a set on-line a few years ago. Mold-a-rama machines gifted kids with an array of plastic figurines during the last several decades of the 20th century. They're not sophisticated toys by any stretch but they're bright and they're fun (and if you got one from a machine you saw them come to life). I stumbled upon Mold-a-Mania's site and discovered a really amazing collection that I'm currently coveting. Also be sure to check out the companion Flickr profile if you need to bookmark some favorites. And I might be crazy but I think some of these images would make great prints -- I'd buy them.

No comments: