Tuesday, November 18, 2008

isn't that special

(photo by Chris Glass)

I am slightly addicted to T.V. intros of yesteryear. Looking at my YouTube favorites is proof of that. The CBS Special is at the top of my list. Aside from the eye catching graphics I think my affections are largely motivated by the music that went along with the 5 second word swirl. When I was a kid I just knew that the pseudo tribal click-clack sound was my cue to prepare for some fine, fine programming. In retrospect I have a hunch that meant television's gathering of an all-star cast in a 4 hour historic saga or murder mystery. Oooh! Where was I? Oh, I want this shirt.

Chris Glass, who is also I damn fine photographer and author of one of my favorite daily reads, The Last Ten Days, is the creator of this perfection.

No comments: