Thursday, January 28, 2010

goodbye curtis allina (1922-2009)


This may not be common knowledge to some of you, but I have in my possession around 1,000 Pez dispensers. To say I love collecting them would be an understatement, however in these tough economic times my obsession has lately been limited to the occasional dollar store purchase rather than the ruthless and overpriced world of Ebay auctions. It's just as well.

Hearing of the passing of Pez pioneer Curtis Allina saddened me; he is afterall the man responsible for giving the dispensers a face, which to me is the mainonly appeal (I just say no to the candy believe it or not). Thanks for contributing to my passion for plastic and bringing joy to so many.

POP THIS:
Pez Database [ My Pez QL
Official Pez Site [ Pez.com ]
Pez Shopping [ Canada Candy Connection ]
Pez Movie [ Pez Heads: The Movie ]
Pez Museum [ Burlingame Pez Museum ]

No comments: