Sunday, June 15, 2008

sewing comedic yarns



As mentioned a few days ago, Party Ends was teaming up with Coldtowne Theater to present the weekly Austin-celeb improv act, Stool Pigeons. Well, I went and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had. I know that might sound odd... it's comedy, what's to be afraid of. I'm afraid of bad comedy, which seems so much easier to come across and predictably is paired with a mass of uncomfortable feelings while watching it. Fortunately this was not the case and I am proudly a Coldtowne convert.

John and Luther (aka Party Ends) did a phenomenal job telling stories too. I particularly enjoyed the Richard Linkletter castle/game/party story. On stage their easy-going and fun partnership was apparent as they retold what I'm sure were somewhat difficult (maybe embarrassing?) tales of younger days. I don't think I would have been so calm and comfortable.

You can find the Coldtowne theater schedule here. And don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for upcoming Party Ends events.

No comments: