Thursday, September 18, 2008

dark water hymnal

(photo by recovering lazyholic)

Tonight my friend Ryan rescued me from Hermitville, sister city to Lazytown. We went to the Green Muse and watched a friend's band play, called Dark Water Hymnal. I never know what to expect when seeing a band for the first time; thankfully it was a real treat. The obligatory and sometimes awkward "that was great" lie was in fact the God's honest truth this time around. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything in a while that resulted in a forced compliment. I digress... DWH's sound is folksy and I would not do them justice if I tried to compare or review their style. I just know I liked them. To put things into context, there was a cool breeze, a sweet dog nearby, I had a yummy panini and a tall glass of iced tea, which were all fitting companions to the tunes kissing my ears. Comfortably sweet and calming is the best way I know how to put it.

Dark Water Hymnal [ myspace ]
Green Muse [ myspace ]

No comments: