Wednesday, December 24, 2008

home for the holidays


For some reason I have LL Cool J's "Going Back to Cali" rattling around in my head. I'm not from California though, so damn... not appropriate I guess. Well, I am going home for the holidays, which has the word "going" in it but that's where the similarities end. I'm from small town Texas, a land called San Marcos with Outlet stores as far as the eye can see and a substancial amount of under aged binge drinkers. Geeze. Ok, the holidays have clearly stripped me of a cordial and clear train of thought.

This is a good time however to go on a JPG Magazine tangent. The above photo is up for vote in the House theme. I titled it "Heart's Permanent Residence" and if you haven't figured out where that is that would be my parent's house. I'm not going to twist your arm but give the picture some props if you feel like it.

HOUSE MUSIC:
LL Cool J [ Going Back to Cali ]
Madness [ Our House ]
Motley Crue [ Home Sweet Home ]
They Might Be Giants [ Birdhouse in Your Soul ]
Simon & Garfunkel [ Homeward Bound ]
Yo La Tengo [ I Feel Like Going Home ]

No comments: